Monday, January 4, 2010

12 New Year's Resolutions for 2010

In no particular order, here are my 12 New Year's Resolutions for the year 2010:

1) Adventure more! - Be they big or small adventures! I want to travel more, see, do, and experience more.

2) Yoga more! - Mr. Zack has said he wants to learn basic yoga, so now I'll have a little more motivation once I have a mat buddy! :)

3) Photograph more! - There have been so many beautiful moments over the past year that I've missed capturing, or, that I have captured and they've remained on my memory card or buried somewhere deep on the computer. I have so many beautiful frames to fill!

4) Read more! - I've been so stressed out, worried, sick, or all around miserable feeling that I've fallen WAY behind on my reading! :( The first goal for 2010, locate my library card!

5) Create more! - I love to paint and craft and cook, but these passions have fallen by the wayside with how sick and weak I've been lately. I already have plans for creating an artsy corner in the office! :)

6) Volunteer more! - I used to volunteer all the time, and I really miss it!

7) Correspond more! - Keep in better touch with friends and family, especially those who make such an effort to stay in touch with me! (For the past 22 years I have received a birthday card on, or before, my birthday from ALL of my mother's siblings and my grandmother...)

8) De-stress more! - Make time to do those things that keep me sane...reading, meditation, candlelit baths, painting, etc.

9) Grow more! - Find some clever way to flower garden in an apartment during the summer. I am a green thumb at heart, and summer just isn't summer without getting to root around in the soil and be rewarded with brightly colored blooms!

10) Tidy more! - Keep things in our wee apartment more tidy and organized!

11) Study more! - With cancer soon behind me, the semesters of 2010 should be a WHOLE lot easier!

12) Live more! - I'm sick of cancer, so here's to getting my life back and a cancer-free 2010 after I kick thyroid cancer in the face with my thyroidectomy!

Wish me luck and love on achieving these things! I certainly wish all of you love and luck for the coming year! :)

P.S. Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?

No comments: