Saturday, January 23, 2010

Recovery is pretty rad...

So, I am home from the hospital and recovering nicely. I've been sleeping 17 hours a day, enjoying all the visits from friends and family, snuggling the Poof, life is pretty good. My surgery went well, my incision is healing better than expected, and I only threatened one lab technician when he woke me up to draw blood at 4:30am. (I have never understood why they even bother giving you something to help you sleep when they're just going to appear every 25 minutes and demand you wake up for some reason...) I was able to come home, as previously planned, on Wednesday morning. I had lots of hospital visitors, my family has came down to visit a couple of times, Zack's family came down last night, and a lot of friends have been stopping by. :)

Tonight, my parents are planning on coming down and we're all venturing out to Punch Pizza, which aside from being delicious, should also provide a vast amount of entertainment, as any non-Americanized culinary experience with my dear redneck father usually does. I must be off now to pop my "Cheater Cheater Cheesecake Brownies" into the oven. :)

Sometimes you want brownies, sometimes you want cheesecake, sometimes you want both, but have the patience or motivation for neither. That's where Cheater Cheater Cheesecake Brownies come in handy...

Cheater Cheater Cheesecake Brownies

Ingredients You Will Need:
1 package store-bought brownie mix
1 package cream cheese (low-fat cream cheese optional)
⅓ cup white sugar
1 egg
Teaspoon of vanilla extract

Prepare the store-bought brownies first according to the package directions. Then, take a baking pan, and grease it with non-stick cooking spray, and pour in the brownie batter. In a separate bowl, combine your cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract, and whisk together. With a spoon, drop the cheesecake mixture in dollops throughout the pan, grab a butter knife, and swirl for that fancy-dancy marble effect. Then bake your for 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can test to make sure they are done by sticking a toothpick in the center of the brownie. If it comes out clean, you’re all set!


No comments: