Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dates and such...

Just a note to anyone who was wondering when my surgery was going to be...

- Tuesday, January 19th at the U of M Fairview Hospital.

It's mid-morning, then there's recovery and regaining consciousness and whatnot, so I suppose I will be ready for visitors late that afternoon/early evening.

If you are interested in visiting, I'd love to see you! Let me know and I'll give you details on where to go and where to park and such.

Hope to see you! I'm sure your hugs have healing powers! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Amariah said...

Good Luck with your surgery Christie!!!

Miss Christy said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, Amariah! :)

Stephanie said...

Hi, Christy. I saw your post over on Izzy's giveaway and I thought I'd write to you and let you know I, too, had papillary thyroid cancer and a thyroidectomy in 1997. I don't know if you have heard this from doctors, but they say, if you're going to get cancer, this is the one you want to have (it's a maddening comment, I know, but there is some truth to it). Generally, for Stage 1 thyroid cancer, once you get your thyroid removed and go through the radioactive iodine therapy (are you doing that?) you can be more than 95% sure that you're done and live a long life. I went on a macrobiotic diet for a couple of years afterwards and cleansed my body. If you do get the RAI it's important to eat sea vegetables (kelp, hijiki, nori, kombu) afterwards because they help clean the residual radiation out. I'd be happy to share with you what I know and just be there as someone to converse with while you're going through the surgery and afterwards while you're healing. Have you had to do the iodine-free diet? Anyway, I'm wishing you the best for your surgery on the 19th. I did some visualization and journeywork and saw my thyroid cancer as a pearl that was extracted from an oyster and went on an amazing healing journey that I can now see as a gift. A painful process at times, but one that left me feeling stronger and whole.