Monday, December 21, 2009

Household chore I hate #186 - Ironing

Now, ironing does not seem like THAT terrible of a household chore. I'm sure that if one has a decent modern iron and a wee bit of time, wrinkles can be smoothed into submission from just about anything...but that is not me...my iron is from the 1800's...

okay, okay... so maybe 1961...

Anyways, it is old...and once you plug it in, immediately begins to smell as though it is going to burst into flame at any moment. Once upon a time, it probably had some sort of steaming function, but the doodad that plugs the chamber and keeps the water from spilling out has been lost long ago. Also, it does not have that nifty function most modern irons have that turns off the iron once it is hotter than the surface of the sun and simple millisecond of contact will cause it to scorch most any fabric. Occasionally it smokes, I would assume this was steam, but as aforementioned, it is no longer able to steam. I personally feel that it makes ironing more exciting...adds a sense of danger to it all...afterall, what would housework be if it wasn't just a tiny bit life-threatening?

No comments: