Monday, January 28, 2008

Why can't we just use carrier pigeons?

It is currently 46 degrees...ABOVE, I am so excited, I think I may piss my pants!

So, warmer temperatures, not looking like I am a member of the Inuit while heading to work, a stunning cup of oolong tea, and Sasha-kitty snuggles, so far, so good.

Now...for the cynical ranting that you all know and love:

The U.S. Postal Service....rawr!
My ghetto apartment building....double rawr!

I go skipping merrily down the steps today, my pretty little letters in hand, only to discover there is no place in which to deposit outgoing mail to be found! I looked, good and hard, passersby probably began to wonder if I was canvassing the mailboxes or some such thing; but to no avail. So, I came back upstairs and called our landlord, and he told me that I could simply tape the mail to the wall and the postman would pick it up. Now, if this was a schmaltzy letter to my grandmother, sure...but it was not, it was a $500 rent check. I'm wary about placing those checks in the mail, much less taping them to the wall in my less-than-secure apartment building. So after playing phone tag with three different Post Offices, they informed me that I could wander aimlessly until I manage to find a dropbox...woo, I'll wait until tomorrow, its only rent.

Back to my Developmental Psych. paper on Homosexual parenting...

Cheers! :)

No comments: